Hi-Dose Vit C
Provides two forms of vitamin C at a mega 3550mg per teaspoon, for times when high dosing is needed.
Why use Hi-Dose Vitamin C?
- To provide high levels of vitamin C for frequent use to support the body’s defences with winter ills and chills or when the immune system is challenged
- To support adrenal health
- High daily level of vitamin C to support well being and for antioxidant protection
What makes it special?
Two forms of high-level vitamin C in one teaspoon at 3550 mg, buffered so it is well tolerated and easily absorbed by the digestive system. Good value with variable dosing, for daily use or in acute situations when the immune system is challenged.
How does it work?
Hi-Dose Vit C contains two forms of vitamin C, Sodium ascorbate and Ascorbic acid. When ills and chills strike it can be taken every 2-3 hours. Studies show vitamin C absorption is greatly increased when sick before reaching bowel tolerance. This is due to the increased support required for the immune system to function. Vitamin C is also important during times of stress as it is required by the adrenal glands to support stress hormones production.
Each level 5ml teaspoonful contains:
|Vitamin C (from sodium ascorbate)
(equiv. Sodium 372mg)
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||700||mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||3||mg|
Also contains Natural flavourings and thaumatin.
No Added: Yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sugar, flavours or preservatives.
Adults: 1 level teaspoonful in water or juice 1-2 times daily.
Immediate Support (for short-term adult use only):
Day 1-3: 1 level teaspoonful in water or juice every 2 to 3 hours during waking hours. Monitor dosage in accordance with bowel tolerance.
Day 4-7: 2 level teaspoonful twice or three times daily.
After Day 7: Return to recommended adult dosage or as directed by your health professional.
Precautions and contraindications
- Do not take high amounts of vitamin C if you have a gastric ulcer or ulcerative colitis.
- Gastric ulcer or Ulcerative colitis: Vitamin C is generally well-tolerated, however people with gastric sensitivities are advised to take this product with food or to lower the amount if bowel discomfort occurs.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Regarded as appropriate for use during these times. Dosing to bowel tolerance should only be done under the supervision of a health professional.
- High amounts of vitamin C may lead to bowel discomfort in some individuals. Diarrhoea, flatulence and bowel distension may occur as a result of high amounts. Reduce the amount if these symptoms are of concern. If you are on any other medication, please consult with your health professional before taking this product. If symptoms persist or you have any side effects please contact your health professional.
- If you are on any other medication, please consult with your health professional before taking this product. If symptoms persist or you have any side effects please contact your health professional.
- Antacids Vitamin C may enhance the absorption of aluminium from aluminium-containing antacids. Do not take vitamin C within 2 hours of using these medications.
- Copper, Vanadium Vitamin C may interfere with the body’s utilization of these minerals.
- Iron Vitamin C may enhance the absorption of iron when taken together.