With all the misinformation floating around about the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to assure you that we are taking it very seriously!
While many people are making crazy claims about various supplements being able to 'cure' COVID, we're sticking to the facts.
Remember that the best ways to avoid the illness and transmitting it to others is to:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
What are we doing to protect you?
At Nutrition Store we are making sure that hygiene measures are kept to the highest standards with our packers regularly washing hands, washing hands before packing orders, between orders, and not coming in to work if there is any indication they are sick.
Oh yeah, and we can guarantee that no-one will be kissing your orders!
Can nutrition help prevent COVID?
No supplements or diets have been shown to prevent or treat COVID, it is simply to early for there to have been any testing. But it is prudent to stay as healthy as possible by eating a nutrient-dense diet, exercising, getting enough sleep, and taking supplements to help support your overall health where appropriate.
For more info, check out this article on nutrition, lifestyle, and COVID by Cliff Harvey PhD